Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Snow House - Celebrate Winter

Happy New Year!  2018 already.  Seems crazy, doesn't it?  I'm welcoming the start of a very creative year on the Creative Embellishments team.  I'm proud and thrilled to join this fabulous chipboard team this year.  Yippee!  (You can find the original CE blog post here.)

 I've taken this opportunity to create a 3D winter wonderland scene using the chipboard pieces to decorate and accent the house as well as papers from Maja Design - 
a joyous holiday/winter collection from Maja Design- "Joyous Winterdays". 
The sweet boy and girl are made using Prima Marketing and Julie Nutting doll stamps ( Toby  and Little Girl).
Chipboard Treatments:
I wanted this house to look frosty and cold, I painted all my chipboard with white paint to start.  I really didn't use any other techniques on the chipboard.  But I did add a thin layer of  Prima's Snowflake Paste here and there to add a glittery snowy look.  

The surface of the bricks have been whitewashed  (white paint thinned with a bit of water) and the"grout " untouched relying on the rich brown color of the natural chipboard to provide visual depth. 
This is what the Creative Embellishments -Brick Pieces look like before:

I've taken various snowflakes from  Creative Embellishments  - Large Snowflake Set and placed them around this house and used the Creative Embellishments -Snowflake Page Corner Set as decorative molding on the  peaks of the house. 


Transitioning to the back of the house,  I created a frosty winter garden using Creative Embellishments -  (Garden)Trellis 1 all gussied up with pinecones and miscellaneous winter floral picks.  In order to make this piece a bit more durable, I suggest securing the pinecones and florals to the trellis with some thin wire.  


Next, my house has a cat sitting on a fence to add some charm ( BorderCreative Embellishments - Cats on a Fence Border ).  I cut the original Cats on a Fence  piece
in half and glued the pieces together to strengthen them for extra durability. 

The following images show the details of the sides of the house.  See how sweet that Cats on a Fence  is with my house? 

The next photos show how I used Prima's Snowflake Paste on the bricks below, the fence and also the roofing.   

A simple detail like wrapping the brickwork around the corner of the house makes a difference.  
It's all in the details!  



How Did I Make the Dolls Stand? 
 My little tip to make the dolls to stand up - I mounted them on binder clips that had been painted silver.    You can see the clips down below.   If you want to see how I used the binder clips as stands, you can find my tutorial on this blog post.  
I created a similar type project, so while not the exact same, you will have a good idea of the technique.  
See tutorial here


Where to shop? 
You can shop for Creative Embellishments Chipboard right here.  
You can shop for Maja Design papers right here. 

May your new year be filled with health, joy and an abundance of creativity. 


Maja Design - Joyous Winterdays paper collection
Creative Embellishments  - Large Snowflake Set
Creative Embellishments -Snowflake Page Corner Set
Creative Embellishments - Cats on a Fence Border
Creative Embellishments -Brick Pieces
Creative Embellishments -  (Garden)Trellis 1
Prima -Julie Nutting Doll Stamps - Toby 910969
Prima - Julie Nutting Doll Stamps - Little Girl - 910600
Prima -Art Extravaganza Finnabair  - Snowflake Paste 962906

No comments:

Post a Comment