Monday, December 19, 2016

Winter Deer Layout with DIY Tutorial - LemonCraft Part 1

Hello, I'm here today for my last post with LemonCraft.  Thanks for this wonderful opportunity to create with such gorgeous papers.   My last post is a two part post with the first post as a tutorial featuring the new Gossamer Blue collection.   The second post is a set of cards also created using the Gossamer Blue collection - for Christmas and everyday - to show the versatility of the collection.  

This is LemonCraft - Part 1.
 You can find PART 2. of my  farewell Lemoncraft post right here
 Scroll on down the page and you'll find the instructions.  

I decided to give the collection a winter look.  I wanted to create a page for the photo of deer that I took from my office parking lot.  Yes - this was taken from my car in the parking lot.  They are pretty close to me - but we are friends so they won't run away from me.  
(wink). 

I have a few other products incorporated into this page - chipboards from 2Crafty, flowers from Petaloo and a die from Prima.  

This page is also available in my ETSY shop while it lasts. You can find it here. 

Instructions: 
Step 1.  Rip a 12x12 sheet of Gossamer Blue 03 , making sure the white core of the paper is showing.  Ink the torn edges. 
Step 2.  Place a sheet of white cardstock under the torn section.  Tear the piece of wood grain paper from Gossamer 02 12x12 paper and glue to cardboard.  


Step 3.  Cut the doily shape from the die cut sheet of Lemoncraft Vintage Time 007.  Add a die cut doily also.  These are going to be layered to create a snowflake.  

Step 4.  Cut the center from the doily die shape - and layer the snowflake together as shown in the photo.  
Step 5.  Tuck the snowflakes under the cardboard and on the page as desired.  Start embellishing the page.  I used chipboard deer from 2Crafty - the small deer is 2Crafty Chipboard's - Young Reindeer  and the larger deer is from 2Crafty Chipboard - Elegant Reindeer .   I inked the edges of the chipboard with Walnut Stain, Distress ink.  
Step 6.  Fold the bottom corner up and add a snowflake to the corner.  Add flowers to embellish.    
Step 7.  I added snowflake paste for some sparkle.  
Here are some close ups of the completed page - frosty and beautiful.  





You can find Part 2 - Cards right here.  

Thank you to Lemoncraft for providing me an opportunity to create with such gorgeous papers and embellishments.  Merry Christmas to all and may you all have a wonderful 2017.

This page is also available in my ETSY shop while it lasts. You can find it here. 



Lemoncraft Gossamer Blue Collection
Lemoncraft Gossamer Blue 03
Lemoncraft Gossamer Blue 02
Lemoncraft Vintage Time 007
LemonCraft Gossamer Blue 6x6 paper pad
LemonCraft Gossamer Blue 12x12 paper pad
LemonCraft Gossamer Blue Vintage Time 06
Lemoncraft Gossamer Blue Buttons
Lemoncraft Gossamer Blue Ribbons

Other Products:
Petaloo Botanica Blooms White 1102100
Petaloo Berry Spray Brown 1829-303
Petaloo Botanica Vintage Velvet Mini in Teal 1139104
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
2Crafty Chipboard - Young Reindeer M00353
2Crafty Chipboard - Elegant Reindeer M00093
Brown  and White Cardstock
Prima Snowflake Paste - 962906
2Crafty called "Fine Snowflakes" m00102. 
Prima Crochet Doily Die - 584054

No comments:

Post a Comment