Thursday, November 17, 2016

Petaloo Blog Hop - Christmas Home Decor with Graphic 45 and Xyron



Petaloo blog hop with special guests, Graphic 45 and Xyron

 I'm Jennifer Snyder - welcome to my blog.  This is a special blog hop with Graphic 45, Xyron and Petaloo and spans several days so make sure you catch all the art on display.  A great place to start is at the Petaloo blog, found here.  

 As you scroll through this post, I'm sure you'll be able to see the fun and creative joy I had with all these wonderful manufacturers.  

I made a matching wooden box/card gift set.  My inspiration for the set was taken from the Graphic 45, St Nicholas collection - the traditional Christmas colors and imagery but with a marvelous twist. I found the bits of black in the paper and matching embellishments so alluring.  I had a black wooden cigar box in my stash and it finally needed to be used.  A divine pairing I must say!

 Here's a look at the Graphic 45 "St Nicholas" collection so you can get a feel for those traditional colors and imagery...just with Graphic 45's world famous twist.  

This is a close look at the box.  The front is adorned with Petaloo  Flowers - Darjeeling Mini Poinsettias in Red   nestled in the Petaloo Vintage Velvet Holly Leaves - surrounding Graphic45 - St Nicholas collection's chipboard.  


Below is the top view of the box - my "helicopter view" as I like to call it.  My gold accent choices really make that red and black of the paper and Petaloo flowers pop.  

Once again a Graphic 45 chipboard piece is used as a wreath adorned with Petaloo florals -Petaloo Flowers - Regal Velvet Poinsettia in Red  and Petaloo's Pine Pick w/Cones and Berries .

This is the card that I created to go with the gift box.  I used similar elements from the box to create cohesiveness - like the Graphic45 - St Nicholas chipboard, Petaloo Holly Leaves and the Poinsettia.   I used the berries from the Petaloo Pinecone Pick.  

I used the Xyron Tape Runner to help assemble the layers of the card.  the tape runner glides along the paper with super ease.  
Now for the inside of the gussied-up cigar box.  I grabbed Xyron's 3" Disposable Sticker Maker to adhere the Graphic 45 Die Cuts.  This was a fun process as well.



And one last look at the gift set from the inside.  

Thanks for being a part of this blog hop between Petaloo 
Graphic 45 and Xyron.   


Petaloo Products
Petaloo  Flowers - Darjeeling Mini Poinsettias in Red RS1143-002/6
Petaloo Flowers - Regal Velvet Poinsettia - Red - RS5009-002/4
Petaloo Flowers - Pine Pick w/Cones and Berries - RS1146-000/6
Petaloo Vintage Velvet Holly Leaves RS1164-001/6 

Graphic 45 "St Nicholas" collection
Graphic45 - St Nicholas collection - Die Cuts #2 - 4501413
Graphic45 - St Nicholas collection - Chipboard 4501416
Xyron Adhesive Products: 
Xyron 3" Disposable Sticker Maker
Xyron Tape Runner

Graphic45 - St Nicholas collection - 12x12 Pad 4501412
Graphic45 - St Nicholas collection -- St Nicholas sheet paper 4501397
Graphic45 - St Nicholas collection - - Be Jolly sheet paper 4501401
Graphic45 - St Nicholas collection - - Starry Night sheet paper  4501403
Graphic45 - St Nicholas collection - - Seasons Greetings  sheet paper 4501407
Graphic45 - St Nicholas collection - - Holly Daze sheet paper 4501408

Other:
Rub-N-Buff Gold Leaf
Prima Mechanicals Metal Stars 961169
Prima Paper Doilies - Gold  -585006
Gold Ribbon

6 comments:

  1. This is a great inspiration! I have a cigar box I want to repurpose, I think this will be the purpose. I just need to win this weeks giveaway for the products to make fabulous things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Wow! Wow!!! Your project is amazing! So bright and festive!!! Love it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is jaw dropping beautiful I've yet to see a dud in anything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is jaw dropping beautiful I've yet to see a dud in anything you do.

    ReplyDelete