Monday, November 28, 2016

Home Decor with Julie Nutting, Petaloo and Maja Design



Embroidery Hoop Home Decor
I created this seasonal holiday piece using a few of my favorite products centered around a 10inch embroidery hoop - Petaloo flowers, Prima's Julie Nutting doll stamps, and Maja Design's gorgeous new Christmas collection, "I Wish".  

I added some natural colored burlap to the back of the hoop as my canvas and planned around that framework.   The big wooden snowflake is from Michaels.  


The doll stamp I chose is one of the newest releases from Julie Nutting's collection.  This is Valentina and I used her companion die from Prima as well to cut the doll shape.  


Valentina is holding a darling little Christmas bouquet from Petaloo flowers.  She's holding Petaloo Vintage Velvet Holly Leaves  and Petaloo  Flowers - Darjeeling Mini Poinsettias


This photo shows how dimensional I made Valentina's skirt.  I like to create the clothing using layers to show movement.  
Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your time. 


Products Used:
Prima -Julie Nutting - Valentina Metal Die - 911584
Prima Julie Nutting - Valentina stamp 910778
Petaloo Flowers - Pine Pick w/Cones and Berries - RS1146-000/6
Petaloo Vintage Velvet Holly Leaves RS1164-001/6 
Petaloo  Flowers - Darjeeling Mini Poinsettias in Red RS1143-002/6
Maja design - "I Wish" paper collection 12x12
Wooden Embroidery Hoop 10"
JustRite - Inside and Outside Christmas Clear Stamps - CR05097
JustRite Hello Oval Decorative Frame Die DIE05064
Burlap
Wire
Wooden Snowflake 8 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment