Monday, November 7, 2016

Christmas Magic - Maja Design Mood Board

Vintage Santa Canvas - with Maja Design

 Maja Design has a new collection out for Christmas 2016 called , "I Wish".  It's got Maja's wonderful vintage feel with traditional colors that I adore.  This month I decided to play along with the Maja Mood Board for November.  

I used the Santa image from the ephemera page form Maja Design "I Wish" collection.  You can see all the beautiful pages in the collection here.  

How to Participate in Maja's Mood Board
Inspiration for the mood board can be found from the words in the collage above, the colors, the quote, the feel, the font...whatever captures your attention.  The projects can be anything - home decor, cards, tags, pages, journals...if you can think it and create , then you can enter it. 

   The only rule is that it needs to be entered by November 24th.  All details are here.   You can email your entry to moodboard@majadesign.nu

When I look at vintage Christmas images, I feel the magic of Christmas that I had when I was a child.  Christmas is still magical, but the weight of daily worries and the general hustle of life seems to make that magic a bit blurry.   

 I admit that I need to refocus on the importance of the holiday, the season,  and try to live the meaning throughout the year.  

My canvas is a small one - just 4x4.  I framed it with a silver and antique gold wooden frame which adds to the overall vintage appeal.  

I mounted my paper image and the die to the canvas using Modpodge with a matte finish.  There are no loose little edges sticking up and this helps to protect the canvas from dusty and dirt so I can display it for years to come.  

I used some chipboard pieces that I had.  These are Dusty Attic snowflakes that I had in my stash.   I dabbed them with ivory paint - but did not paint them completely. Just a dabbing - like a dusting really.  

The die I used is from Find It Trading  - Precious Marieke Die-Snowflake Circle.  It is very delicate and pretty.  

I you are interested in participating in the mood board,  All details are here

Thanks for stopping by and giving Santa a look.  
Products Used:
Maja Design - I Wish collection
Pinecones
Dusty Attic Chipboard Snowflakes
Cream Acrylic Paint
Ribbon - Brown Gingham
Red Floral Berries - generic
Martha Stewart Pine Punch
Find It Trading  - Precious Marieke Die-Snowflake Circle
Canvas Board 4x4
red gems

No comments:

Post a Comment