Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Spellbinders Maker's Mart Die of the Month - DIY Video Surprise


Spellbinders  - Makers Mart Die of the Month Club
Did you know Spellbinder's has a cool new monthly die kit club?  The die kit is new and fresh each month - I just happen to be showing the kit from July 2016.  It's available at Maker's Mart - from Spellbinders ( while it's available that is). If you sign up to be a member of the kit club, you never need to miss a die set again. In fact, the new kit for Sept is maybe my favorite.    (You can see the post at Spellbinders right here.  )

I'm the Star Shopper for Spellbinders and Maker's Mart, which means I get to have a whole lot of fun with these cool kits.  My problem is that I get making, and making, and the ideas keep coming...oh what a problem to have, right? Scroll on down and you can see my video. 


The above photo shows all the cool pieces that come with the Poppy Die Set.  
I'd like to showcase a few of my ideas including a very short video showing some of my ideas in action.  

You can see the  DIY video   right here.  I also have a cute little 
  surprise ladybug that I'll show you how to create using the pieces from the die set -  shown further down the page.  


This flower is layered and inked for a little vintage appeal.  Overall the card is simple to let the flower shine as the focal feature.  I added some metal embellishments on the side ( I cut one in half and tucked it under the petals so no one would know it was only half an embellie.  shhhhhhh- our little crafty secret way to extend our supplies.  


The vintage looking button topper was perfect.  



While the die set is for creating a flower, you can let your mind roam and venture out to other things.  I'll show you how I made this darling little Lady bug in my video.  I also show you how to assemble the flower in the video as well.  

The sentiment is a stamp from JustRite Papercrafts. 





Here are some other cards I made using the Poppy Die Set from Marker's Mart for  the month of July.  

The flower die on this card takes on my version of a pansy.  This card uses Maja Design papers from the "Enjoying Outdoors" collection. The purple centers were made using purple glitter glue and a  decorative gem brad.  

I also added one additional border touch at the bottom using Spellbinders Borderabilities Card Creator  - A2 Curved borders  Die.  

Here is another bright and cheery card  with a paper doily background.


For this card, I added a small piece of lace flower to the center for a gilded delicate look.  



This last card sample below is an idea I shared in my short DIY video . I placed the dies on my patterned paper and ran them through my die cutting machine.  Then I added lace to the back of the "negative" space created by the die.  After that, I decorated as normal. 

The paper used on this card is from Maja Design "Summertime" collection


Thanks for stopping here for a look.  I appreciate that.  

It's
 available at Maker's Mart - from Spellbinders.  Don't miss out!  This die set is here today and gone tomorrow.    
  You can check out all the dies and supplies at Spellbinders right here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment