Monday, September 26, 2016

JustRite Papercrafts - Merry Christmas Card


Christmas is Coming - JustRite Christmas Stamps

As the weather turns colder and the leaves drop from the trees, we turn our thoughts to crisp autumn activities.  I'm not talking about raking leaves...heck no. Someone else can do that.  I'm talking about making Christmas cards.  I have found that if I don't make my Christmas cards with the onset of autumn, they aren't getting done in time. 

Reason being that this time of year starts to time warp on us, doesn't it?  If you have kids in school, you are busy with after school activities, sports, dance, music, scouts, teacher conferences and homework.  The rest of us without school age kids,  our day gets abbreviated due to the lack of sunlight.  The change from daylight savings time is a killer for me.  

Well, in my opinion, it's a perfect time to get to the craft table and start dreaming of a white Christmas.  With that, I can then get myself in a spirited and cheerful mood to create cards with my JustRite  stamps and dies.    

The newest stamps have the most beautiful sentiments for the season like the set below:  

This card looks likes like it could be difficult to make, but the embellishments consist of a few JustRite dies topped with flowers. 

In addition to the beautiful Prima paper from Frank Garcia's Victorian Christmas collection, I added the JustRite JustRite Garden Circle Die as the base layer of my embellishment cluster.  

Next, I stamped the sentiment onto a die that I cut from JustRite called JustRite Joy Oval Frame Die - DIE05049.  The key to a warm card is using warm colored ink for the stamped sentiment.  Black ink is not the perfect all-purpose ink.  I am using a warm coffee colored ink for a soft blended look.

I know I tend to show a lot of images of the same card.   I love to show a lot of angles of the cards and projects I create.  It's good to see the dimensions and volume of the card from many angles.  I think it helps in trying to figure out how I layered and constructed the project.  


Thanks for stopping by.  Let me be the first to say Merry Christmas....early.  



Products:
JustRite Joy Oval Frame Die - DIE05049
JustRite Garden Circle Die
JustRite INside and Outside Christmas Sentiment Clear Stamps - CR-05097
Prima paper from Frank Garcia's Victorian Christmas collection - 990503
Prima and Frank Garcia -  Victorian Christmas  SIIC ( Say It In Cyrstals)  582333
Prima and Frank Garcia- Victorian Christmas - Flowers Rudolph's Nose 583446
Tim Holtz - Vintage Photo ink
Coffee colored ink

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful however the garden circle die ... says page not found... :( I'll keep checking for it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete